retiree Services

NCSD Retiree Services Contact Information

E-mail us at:

Call us at: (607) 337-3624

Health & Dental Open Enrollment in now OPEN

for the 2023-2024 School Year

Please join us for our Open Enrollment Information Night scheduled for

Wednesday, May 24th, at 3:30 pm in the High School Auditorium

Open Enrollment is an opportunity for you to change your dependents, choose to join or leave this plan, or choose to switch plan types (if applicable).

Norwich City School District currently participates in the MVP High Deductible Health Plan PPO. The plan options include HRA only or HRA Plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA). Please note: Vision is no longer offered through MVP. Vision will now be offered through the Guardian Life Insurance Company, however, you must be enrolled in the Norwich health insurance plan to qualify.

Norwich City School District currently participates in Guardian Life Insurance Company Dental & Vision Services. The plan options include the Low Plan (formerly Smile Saver I), the High Plan (formerly Smile Saver IV), and the Medium Plan (formerly Dental Blue). The options available to you depend on your bargaining unit.

NACASP: High Plan Only

NEO & MCNR: High Plan or Low Plan

NESSA & GML: Middle Plan Only

2023-2024 Insurance Documents & Information

2023 Open Enrollment PowerPoint


Don't forget to always update your contact information if you make any changes.

To update your information please contact us at or (607) 337-3624


Do you have questions or a problem regarding your current health/dental/Medicare plan?

If so, contact our insurance agents at Brown & Brown Insurance who are familiar with all of our insurance plans and happy to help!


Do you wish to make changes to your MVP Health and/or Guardian Dental & Vision Insurance?

Retirees are eligible to enroll, terminate, or make changes to your health, vision, and/or dental insurance during our open enrollment period each May through June with an effective date of July 1. Information will be mailed to you at the address we have on file.

All changes can be submitted to: Norwich City School District Office, Attn: Retiree Services, 89 Midland Drive, Norwich, NY 13815. Please use the forms below. The change forms will also be included in your open enrollment packet each year.



Are you or your spouse turning 65?

At age 65 retirees and/or spouses who are no longer active employees with the Norwich City School District will no longer be eligible for the MVP Health Insurance Plan. Norwich offers an Excellus Medicare Advantage Plan through DCMO BOCES. If you are interested, please see the information below and contact Retiree Services if you have any questions.

How to Apply for Medicare Parts A and B

2022 Excellus Medicare Group Application

DCMO Guide To Your Medicare Options

DCMO Excellus Medicare Plan Summary

Medicare card


Have you submitted your irrevocable letter of intent to retire?

  • Information regarding retirement benefits can be found in your bargaining unit contract. Please contact the Retiree Services, ext. 5413, if you have any questions.

  • After we receive your letter, the retirement date will be listed on the next Board Meeting Agenda. You will receive a letter following the Board meeting.

  • Retiree Services will reach out to you a few months before you retire to check on the items listed below if we have not yet received them.


Are you continuing health insurance with Norwich?

  • Fill out the Continue/Discontinue Coverage Form for Retirees

    • Return to Retiree Services at the District Office as soon as possible.

  • If you are over 65 you have the option to enroll in the Excellus Medicare Plan that is offered by BOCES

    • You will need to include your Medicare information for both Parts A & B to enroll


Do you currently have a 403-B account?


Contact NYSTRS or NYSERS as soon as possible

retirement sign


E-mail us at:

Call us at: (607) 337-3624

Office of the Aging

  • Local Office Phone Number: 607.337.1770

  • For Medicare & Health Insurance Questions

    • 1.800.701.0501

    • 8:30-5:30 M-F, Free Service

  • website link:

Social Security Office

Anyone is eligible who is over 62 yrs. of age. This is something that must be done on your own.